Firstly, thank you so much for opening this email and showing us that you care. We know that you're getting a bazillion emails right now, and we appreciate you reading ours. We've got some big news below and virtual hugs attached!
Like all small businesses in town, we cherish our customers and community and want you all to stay healthy. Lucky for us, we always close during Spring Break to plan for the future and do some shop cleaning, so we were already planning on chlorox-wiping everything. We did lots of cleaning, implemented some official shop health guidelines, and discussed our plans for this upcoming season.
Originally, I wanted to make a big announcement on several fronts:
✰ Spring Break Extension
✰ In-Store Pickup
✰ Free Local Delivery
✰ Classes & Services
✰ Summer Internships & Camps
But as you can imagine, there are A LOT of detail to consider, and I want sure to get them all right. So for now, here's what you need to know:
1. We are closing the brick-and-mortar location for the time being. This will likely be in accordance with UGA's closing (which is currently scheduled through the end of March).
2. We will still be there at the shop during our normal hours to answer the phone, respond to emails, stock our shelves, and fulfill your orders.
I can speak for all local businesses when I say that now, more than ever, we need you to consider that your dollars are votes of support. Purchasing locally makes the world a better place, and we are so grateful to our community--you keep our network of artists and creative businesses going strong.
3. As we keep our physical doors closed in order to help "flatten the curve" and maintain the safe and clean environment that is the Artist Shop, our virtual doors remain wide open for you. Orders can be placed online or by text, call, or email.
4. Very soon we will roll-out a new optionfor our local customers: Local Delivery! We'll start with a really great deal: it'll be free within a 5-mile radius for orders over $50 and just $5 for orders less than that.
5. Services like photography and printing will continue by appointment. We look forward to working with you, so please get in touch to let us know how we can help. Prints can be purchased online here and here, and photography appointments are best arranged by email.
6. We will postpone all in-person classes during this social-distancing season. If you've already registered, you can expect an email from us soon regarding future sessions and virtual class options.
We're excited to roll-out some new virtual hangouts and classes in the near future!
7. We're going to wait a bit longer to make any announcements regarding our Summer Camps and Summer Internships.
We hope you'll stay in the loop by following us on FB/IG and keeping your eye out for another email from us soon <3
Have questions? Just reply to this email! Or call/text us at 1-706-850-1224.
From all of us in at the Artist Shop, thank you for being a part of this wonderful, creative community. I've always believed that creative business is the best kind of business, and that has a lot to do with our ability to adapt to an ever-changing world.