Join us for our first annual
Tuesday July 5th, 7:30-9:30pm
We are looking for 30 local artists to participate in this collective project, and space will fill up quickly, so let us know before June 30th if you are interested in the exciting night of collaborative fun.
DATE: July 5, 2016
TIME: 7:30 - 9:30 pm
LOCATION: K. A. Artist Shop, 127 N. Jackson Street
RSVP: June 30, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
So heres the gist: it's a collaborative gallery game show of sorts, there will be a ball hopper and everything. The theme of the game will be "Duality!" So be thinking of what this word means to you personally, your artwork, and/or to the creative community throughout history.
Here are the tentative rules of the game:
- Each participant will have three turns lasting two minutes each.
- At the beginning of each turn the participant will draw a ball from the ball hopper that will contain a phrase that will inform the artistic move you make, in so few words. (for example: "black mark, childlike." OR "mark with non-dominant hand")
- After receiving instructions, you will then pick the material to make your mark! These materials will be provided by the K. A. Artist Shop Gallery so no need to bring your own.
- Armed with instructions and materials, you then will make your mark on the gallery wall.
- Repeat steps three times for a total of three turns each, and a collective 90 moves to make one work of art!
In the interim between your turns, you will have the option to participate in lively discussion, as well as pay homage to our creative predecessors with rounds of "exquisite corpse" and other fun collaborative games.
There will, of course, be snacks and wine to keep the creativity and conversation flowing.
For those who participate, we are also offering and encouraging you to bring in a small work of approximately 20" x 20" or smaller, including the frame, to hang in the remaining gallery space! All works need to be ready to hang; and if you wish to offer it for sale come with a price in mind. Know that if you wish to sell your work, the gallery takes a 25% commission, so adjust the price of the work accordingly.
If you are interested in this event but don't necessarily want to make your own physical mark on our walls you are welcome to come in and observe and partake in the conversation and general good time of the evening. This will be a casual evening of creative collaboration, community, and conversation.
We look forward to hearing from you!