Before submitting to one of our gallery shows, make sure that you have followed these guidelines.
- Read the Show Info Page and make sure your artwork relates to the show’s theme. While your work must apply to the show's parameters, our themes are broad and not meant to be taken 100% literally--we love stretching the boundaries of a particular theme. Get personal; what does the theme mean to you?
- Gather up to 5 works to submit. We won't be able to hang them all, but we appreciate having options as we see how the show comes together.
- Prepare your work for photography and think about its title, pricing, and additional info.
- Make sure you’re available to drop-off your work during the Drop-Off Days and that your work is available to hang with us for the entire duration of the show.
- Submitted artwork must be your own, made by you.
- Artwork must relate in some way to the show’s particular theme. You are free to interpret this them however you wish.
- We love all materials and methods! This includes drawings, paintings, prints, photos, ceramics, sculpture, video art, collage, fabric pieces, etc. etc.
- Accepted works must be ready to hang. Stretched canvases and wood panels should have neat edges and either hanging wire on the back or have enough depth to be hung from nails. Works on paper can be framed behind glass or be able to be hung from our gallery clips. No wet paint nor unaffixed pastels/charcoals. Sculptures and other 3D pieces must be able to be safely displayed.
- If you are submitting a digital piece or photograph, we would be happy to print this out for you and have it ready for the show.
- Need help framing? Please reach out to us if you're having trouble finding the right frame. We'd love to frame your piece for you, if we have a frame in the right size. If you would like to purchase the frame, of course you may, but we are happy to lend you the frame for the entirety of the show.
- If framing isn't the right option, we can still be of help for the best display for your piece. Please reach out to us if this is the case. We enjoy helping with display as this adds to the cohesion of the show.
- Accepted works must be able to make it up our stairs - stretched canvases and other rigid works must be no larger than 5 feet across. Hint: As our gallery is cozy, smaller works have a better chance of getting accepted.
- Included works must be hung for the entire duration of the show.
Step 1 is reading these Guidelines.
Step 2 is paying the Submission Fee. The Submission Fee will look like a product in your kaartist.com shopping cart. This fee will cover the submission of up to five works of art.
- Go through the checkout process. You can pay via Credit Card or PayPal, just like with any other online purchase.
- Once you've paid, you should receive two emails from us. The first email is an Order Confirmation email which will contain a valuable piece of information: Your Order Number (it looks like this: S-12345). And a second email will contain the Submission Form.
- When you receive your Submission Form, go ahead and fill it out up to five times. (After you fill out the form, it will give you the opportunity to fill it out again.) Note that there are some fields you only need to fill-in once. These are marked with "(1x)".
Step 3 is filling-out this Submission Form which will be emailed to you after you pay the Submission Fee.
- That’s it! Your work has now been submitted. You can sit back and relax; you’ll hear from us on Notification Day.
- Please Note: The way you spell things on the Submission Form will be the way we display them on our wall, so please double check!
- As for your Artist Name, most people submit their given name, but you are welcome to submit your business name or other artist's moniker instead.
- We require one photo per artwork. Upload a well-lit photo that shows your piece in its entirety. There’s a 20MB file size limit, and we accept JPG, PNG, GIF, PDF, and TIFF.
- Each artwork will have its own submission and photo upload. This photo does not have to be a framed representation of your work, just the work itself. Again, we are happy to print and/or frame your piece if it is accepted to the show.
- Want to submit a video? Great! Just upload a video file instead of an image file. We understand you may not be able to upload the entire high-res version with the 20MB file size cap, so just upload a clip—enough for us to judge. Then, if accepted, you can send in the full high-res file. Additionally, you could include a link to your video in the "Additional Notes" field.
- Due to the number of submissions and the size of work, we are generally unable to accept more than one piece per artist, however, we may accept as many as three.
- It’s the hardest thing to reject all pieces from an artist (seriously, it stinks). If this happens to you, please know that we really appreciate you submitting and truly regret not being able to hang all pieces. Sometimes good work just doesn’t fit into the overall theme of the show. We hope you’ll try again next time.
- If you submit to our gallery, we’ll let you know either way - whether your work got in or not - on Notification Day. At this time, you’ll receive an email from us with further instructions.
- Accepted work must be dropped off during our Drop-Off Days. If your work has not made it to the gallery by the time the Drop-Off Days end, unfortunately, we will not be able to hang it in the show.
- Accepted works must be ready to hang (finished, dry, matted, framed, fixed) and available to be hung for the entire duration of the show.
- Our gallery is open daily from 12-7pm, so starting on the show’s Opening Day, we welcome you to come and check out the work.
- Many of our shows are hung in the “Salon Style” so we can include as many pieces as possible.
- Don't miss our gallery receptions. Everyone is invited! Come see the artwork, meet the other artists, and enjoy some snacks and beverages. We’ll provide a thematic photo backdrop for fun photos of the evening. Dressing up is always encouraged. This is an art party after all.
- The show will remain up through Closing Day at 7pm.
- The gallery commission for sold works is 40%. Please factor that in when pricing your work. For example, if you price your work at $100, you’ll get $60 if it sells.
- If you sell work, the 60% artist's profit will be given to you by check, shortly after the close of the show. We’ll contact you when a piece sells and then again when your check is ready for pick-up.
- Buyers will pick-up the purchased piece after the show closes. This way, your work remains up for the duration of the show. If buyers are from out of town, we will offer to securely ship the work to them (at their expense).
- Our annual Holiday Show is different in that we DO allow buyers to take the work home with them immediately after purchasing. This is to encourage people to give works of art to their loved ones during the holiday season.
- Sometimes we will reach out to artists to see if they’d also like their work to be available as a print. In this scenario, we will photograph (or scan) your work gratis and have an example print available for buyers to peruse.
- Everyone loves local-artist-made goods! If you’re accepted into a gallery show, you’ll potentially be given the opportunity to also sell items like art cards, prints, buttons, bookmarks, etc. We have limited space, so we’ll only be able to accept a few items. Look out for an email from us — we will let you know if there’s room for you to submit your art-adjacent items.
- The same consignment rate applies: 60/40. Artists who sell goods in our gift shop will receive a check no later than the 10th of the month following the sale.
- We love to promote our gallery artists, and we will always tag and credit you when we feature your work. This includes posts on social media and pictures of the show on our blog.
- Additionally, sometimes we send images to Flagpole Magazine and other news outlets who feature our gallery. We always send attribution info so you receive credit for your work.
- However, if you do not want us to use images of your artwork on our website, social media accounts, or send them to news outlets, we are happy to oblige. You will be given the chance to opt-out of promotional imagery when you submit your work.
- The only exception to opting-out is when it comes to pictures we take of the entire show. We like to document the show as it was hung in its entirety, and we post these pictures to our blog and social media accounts. By submitting to our show, you agree to let your work be included in these group shots.
- Oh, sadness! The show ends at 7pm on Closing Day.
- If your work has sold, you will not need to pick it up. We will let you know if this is the case, and you’ll have a check from us shortly after the show closes.
- Unsold work must be picked up by the artist or authorized representative during the Pick-Up Days. Most of the time, you’ll just check-in with us at the gallery and then take your work right off the wall.
- If you do not pick-up your work by the time the Pick-Up Days end, it will no longer be insured. Please come get your work promptly!
- If you leave your work unclaimed for more than six weeks, we reserve the right to donate the artwork to a local charity.
Thank you for your interest in submitting work to the K. A. Artist Shop Gallery.
Ready to submit your work? Click on the link below! After you pay the Submission Fee, you'll receive an email containing the Submission Form.